This Fellowship is for college students enrolled in an accredited college or university. Competitive applicants will demonstrate some, if not all, of the traits described below:
- You wish to grow not just from the outside, in your academic or functional skills, but from the inside, in gaining awareness and mastery over your thoughts, beliefs, intentions, values and emotions, and over how you inspire, influence and collaborate with people.
- You see your personal growth not as a one-time investment, but a lifelong journey.
- You have a deep regard for humanity, and a desire to serve it in some meaningful way.
- You are willing and committed to invest the effort and time this Fellowship will entail, as laid out in the three phases of the Fellowship in the Fellowship Structure section.
- You have a passion for excellence.
- You recognize that alleviating people's inner poverty - by helping them evolve their feelings, thoughts and behaviors - is a critical foundation for building a strong, principled world. You want to actively bring inner change to people in some arena - a community, a profession, or beyond - even if the nature of this inner change or the audience you serve are not yet clear to you.
- After you have completed the Fellowship program, you look forward to staying committed to the Fellowship community to exchange insights, mentorship, friendship and support.