Effective Date: February 15, 2022
We greatly appreciate the support we receive from our donors. They help the Foundation’s important mission of providing assistance to communities, organizations, and individuals in need. Most donations to the Foundation by US donors are tax-deductible, but you are fully responsible for confirming with your tax professional the deductibility of any donation you make.
These Terms apply to your use of this Site and the Services, generally. It does not apply to the more specific terms of any agreement or arrangement that you make with the Foundation. Such an arrangement, if any, will be governed by a separate agreement or understanding between you and the Foundation.
The Site may also be provided as a portal to review, select, apply for or purchase services, assistance, or products from the Foundation or its affiliates, and to offer an on-line technology platform and access to and use of the Foundation’s programs, information, services, assistance, and products. In the future, the Foundation may elect to provide clients, beneficiaries, and others with an on-line platform via a Foundation account. Before you continue using the Site or the Services, it is important that you review the Terms.
- Ownership of Site - The Services and the Site are owned and operated by the Foundation. Except as permitted under this Agreement, copying, storing, displaying, reproducing, distributing, selling, licensing, sub licensing, publishing or creating derivative works of any programs, content or materials on the Site or available through the Services are expressly prohibited without the prior written permission of the Foundation. All programs, images, media, and content created by the Foundation ("Content") are the sole property of the Foundation. The Foundation retains ownership and licensing rights to all Content. Some content on the Site is licensed by third parties to the Foundation.
- Acceptance of Terms - By entering and using the Site or Services, you accept these Terms and agree to be bound by them. Acceptance of these Terms creates a binding contract between you and the Foundation that you will use the Services only in a manner consistent with these Terms. Your use of the Site and the Services is entirely conditioned on and subject to your compliance with these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, do not access or use the Site or Services. Specific pages on the Site may set out additional terms and conditions which, in addition to these Terms, shall be binding upon you with respect to those pages. In the case of inconsistencies between these Terms and information included in other materials which are not agreements (for example, informational materials and mailers), these Terms will control with respect to the Site and Services. We require that you be 16 years or older to use the Site or Services; if you are under 16 years old, you should not access or use the Site or Services.
- Patent Information - Inventions, features, and services within the Foundation’s services, assistance, or products, if any, may be the subject matter of patents or other intellectual property protection. Such subject matter is confidential and may be protected by the Uniform Trade Secrets Act.
- Service Mark Information - The following is a service mark of the Foundation: Mentora Foundation℠. Certain service marks and trademarks may be licensed for specific uses by the Foundation. The Foundation’s service marks may be registered in the United States and other countries. The Foundation reserves all rights with respect to its service marks, trademarks, logos, trade names, trade dress and other indicia ("Marks"). The Foundation does not routinely accept or review specific requests for guidance on the use of its Marks. Any unauthorized use of any Foundation-owned Mark, or any use of a mark that is confusingly similar to, or likely to cause confusion with, a Foundation-owned Mark, would constitute infringement of the Foundation's exclusive trademark rights.
All services, assistance, and product names used on the Site or in theseServices which identify the Foundation or third parties and their services and products are proprietary marks of the Foundation and/or the relevant third parties.Nothing in the Terms shall be deemed to confer on any person any license or right on the part of the Foundation or any third party with respect to any such image, logo or name.
- Copyright Information - The Foundation's services, assistance, materials, products, videos, Site content and related materials, if any (collectively, "Materials")are owned by the Foundation and/or its licensors, and all rights in such Materialsare reserved by the Foundation and/or its licensors. For information regarding permission to use screen displays, media, and other content, please email a request for the Foundation's Permissions Policy to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request please state the reason(s) why you are requesting the information.
- Notices of Infringement - Persons who believe that their copyrights have been infringed by theFoundation’s Site or otherwise may notify the Foundation's Designated CopyrightAgent. All notices must comply with the requirements of U.S. Copyright Act 17U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) and regulations promulgated thereunder, each as amended. Such notices not complying with these requirements will be returned unprocessed. No other notices or inquiries of any type, including requests for information, purchase or technical support questions, notices of infringement of third-party trademark or patent rights, employment inquiries, press inquiries, or investor inquiries, will be read or answered under this Agent and Agent Address.
Designated Copyright Agent
and Address of Agent:
Attn: David M. Slater, Esq.
Slater Law PLLC
240 West 73rd Street, Suite 701
New York, NY 10023
- Licensing and Support - For licensing and legal inquiries, please refer such inquiries to email@example.com.
- Amendment of Terms; Termination.
a. We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time. If we make any material changes to these Terms, we will post the newTerms on the Site and update the effective date set forth above. You are responsible to check the Site to review if and how these Terms have changed.
b. This Agreement and the Services provided here under shall continue until terminated as provided herein. You agree that the Foundation may at any time without notice to you: terminate this Agreement; suspend or terminate the Services or Site; or terminate your account and delete any content stored in your account; and you agree that the Foundation may take the foregoing actions for any reason, including if, in the Foundation’s sole discretion, you fail to comply with any of these Terms or if a competent regulatory authority requires us to do so, or we may do so without cause.
- Personal Use of Website - The Foundation grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, view, use, display and print information on this site, including all the materials provided hereon, for your personal, informational, noncommercial use only. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, license, or sell any content or any portion of this site without the prior express written consent of the Foundation. The Foundation will sometimes grant permission for such use so long as the Foundation is properly acknowledged, but the prior express written consent of the Foundation is required.
- Password - If we provide a function on the Site which permits you to register as a Site user, you may be asked to provide a password. If so, you are the only person permitted to use this password to access and use the Services. As you will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You must notify the Foundation immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or if you believe that your password is no longer confidential. We reserve the right to require you to alter your password if we believe that your password is no longer secure. We may rely on the authority of anyone using your password, and in no event and under no circumstances shall we be liable for any compromise of the confidentiality of your password or any unauthorized access using your password.
- Information Provided by You - You agree that the information that you provide to us on registration, if any, and at all other times, including all information you provide when using the Services, will be true, accurate, current and complete. You also agree that you will insure that this information is always kept accurate and up to date. This is especially important with respect to your email address, since that is the primary way in which we will communicate with you about your account, your correspondence, and your orders, if applicable. You agree that the Foundation is free to use any such information without further compensation, acknowledgement, or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, modifying, manufacturing, and endorsing services and products and modifying or improving the Site and Services.
- User Submissions - Except as provided under a specific submission practice that may be described on the Site, in other Foundation materials made available to you, orby a written understanding between us; (i) the Foundation does not claim ownership of any information or material a user provides to the Foundation or posts, uploads, input, submits, or transmits to this Site, such as a proposal, submitting content for a Foundation publication, or submitting a photograph (“Submission”) and (ii) by making a Submission, you agree that such Submission is non-confidential, non-proprietary, and may be disseminated or used by theFoundation. If you make a Submission, you automatically grant—or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted—the Foundation a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the Submission in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Foundation is not required to use any Submission. You are solely responsible for yourSubmission, the consequences of making a Submission, and your reliance on any Submissions. The Foundation is not responsible for the consequences of any Submission. The Foundation is not responsible for screening or monitoring Submissions made to this Site by users. If you desire a waiver or modification of these terms for your Submissions to the Foundation, but not the Site, please contact us in advance of any Submission at firstname.lastname@example.org. No waiver or modification will be effective unless in writing signed by the Foundation.
- Prohibited Conduct - You agree that you will not:
a. use the Site or Services:
i. for any unlawful purposes;
ii. to create, produce, or distribute any material that is obscene, offensive, blasphemous, pornographic, unlawful, threatening, menacing, malicious, fraudulent, misleading, abusive, harmful to any person or property, false, an invasion of privacy or publicity rights, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, illegal or otherwise objectionable;
iii. to create, produce, or distribute any material that you do not have a right to transmit or communicate under any contractual or fiduciary relationship or which infringes any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right or any moral right of any party including, but not limited to the Foundation;
iv. to harm minors in any way, including, but not limited to, content that violates child pornography laws, child sexual exploitation laws and laws prohibiting the depiction of minors engaged in sexual conduct;
v. (A) to post any advertisement or solicitation of business; (B) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or post material unrelated to the topic being discussed; (C) to post a chain letter or pyramid scheme; (D) to impersonate another person; (E) to harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent; (F) to post the same note more than once or “spamming”; (G) to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which, in the judgment of the Foundation, exposes the Foundation or any of its licensors, partners, or customers to any liability or detriment of any type; or (H) to post any political statements aimed at influencing legislation or supporting or opposing candidates for public office, or to engage in lobbying activities or act in a manner that otherwise violates the law. All posts must reflect the views of such individual that provided it and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Foundation.
b. interfere with, harm or disrupt (or attempt to interfere with or disrupt) the Site or Services or servers or networks connected to the Site or Services, or disobey any laws, requirements, procedures, policies or regulations governing access to or use of the Site or networks connected to the Site or Services;
c. access or attempt to access any information, documents or material that you are not authorized to access; or
d. use any robot, spider, or other such programmatic or automatic device to obtain information from the Site or otherwise monitor or copy any portion of the Site;
THE SERVICES, THE SITE, THE FOUNDATION CONTENT,AND ALL OTHER FOUNDATION SERVICES, ASSISTANCE, AND PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED BY US"AS IS" WITHOUT ANY OTHER WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. ALL OTHER EXPRESS,IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ANDNON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BYLAW, THE FOUNDATION DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY,TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF ITS SERVICES. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
THE FOUNDATION CONTENT AND PROGRAMS,AND ALL OTHER INFORMATION ON THIS SITE ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY ANDARE NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR MANAGEMENT CONSULTING OR PERSONAL LEADERSHIP SERVICES. YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT CREATE A CONSULTING RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FOUNDATION OR ITS ADVISORS. THE FOUNDATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF ANY OF THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE, AND YOUR RELIANCE OR USE OF THE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN SOLE RISK.
- Limitations of Liability and Damages
a. THE FOUNDATION, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, REPRESENTATIVES, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR NOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE PRODUCTS SOLD, THE ASSISTANCE PROVIDED, OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR DOWNLOADING OR UPLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL OR DOCUMENTS.
b. PAID SERVICE OR PRODUCT: SOLE REMEDY. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR FAILURE TO DELIVER A PAID SERVICE OR PRODUCT OR BREACH OF ANY OBLIGATION WITH RESPECT TO A PAID SERVICE OR PRODUCT SHALL BE A REFUND OF THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE SPECIFIC PAID SERVICE OR PRODUCT AT ISSUE AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FOUNDATION’S LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO DELIVER SUCH ITEM EXCEED SUCH AMOUNT.
c. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS CONTAINED IN THE TERMS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION SECTIONS 15 AND 16, SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 16, SO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE FOUNDATION UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS ($200.00) OR THE LOWEST AMOUNT ALLOWED BY LAW.
- Indemnification - You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Foundation, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third-party service providers to the Site and/or Services from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from: any breach of these Terms or of any representation, warranty, or covenant you make herein; your access to and use of the Site; your use of the Services or purchase of Products; your participation in any Foundation seminar, webinar, session or program; your use of third-party content; and your grant of rights and licenses to the Foundation pursuant to these Terms.
- Paid Products and Services: Prices/Cancellation - The rate for any Paid Services or Products, if any, may be set forth in a Foundation proposal, statement, or other document. All rates are generally stated in U.S. dollars and are valid until altered by us. If a Paid Service or Product is mistakenly listed at an incorrect rate, the Foundation reserves the right to refuse or cancel any appointments or orders placed for the Paid Service or Product listed at the incorrect rate. The Foundation reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged or you made payment in advance by check. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase or you have paid in advance by check, and your order is cancelled, the Foundation shall issue a credit to you in the amount of the incorrect rate. Risk of loss and title to any products that you may purchase from us passes to you upon our delivery of such products to the carrier.
b. Choice of Law and Venue - This Agreement shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the substantive law of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. The parties agree that any litigation arising out of this Agreement or relating to the operation of the Site or Services or content appearing therein, shall be brought only in the state or federal courts located in New York, New York. The parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and hereby waive any challenge to the propriety or convenience of jurisdiction or venue of such courts. Without limiting the effect of any disclaimer contained herein, any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of the Site or Services must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises.
c. Assignment - You may not assign the Agreement and/or any of the rights or obligations contained herein. The Foundation may freely assign this Agreement and the rights and obligations contained herein.
d. Notices - The Foundation may notify you of certain events relating to the Site or Services, or your use of the Site or Services. We may choose to notify you of these matters via a general notice on the Site, electronic mail to your e-mail address on record in the Foundation’s account information, or by written communication sent by U.S. mail, postage pre-paid, to your address on record in the Foundation’s account information. If we notify you by mail, mail notice shall be deemed to have been given upon the expiration of five days after mailing (ten days if to an address outside of the US); if we send you notice by email, such notice shall be deemed to have been given upon the expiration of twenty-four (24) hours after sending. You may give notice to the Foundation (such notice shall be deemed given when received by the Foundation) at any time only by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage-prepaid mail to the Foundation at the following address:
Attn: Legal Department
170 West 81st Street, Suite 8D
New York NY 10023
If you have any comments or questions about these Terms, the Site or our Services, please contact us by email at email@example.com.